Pages

Bad breath & Christmas kisses

One Christmas Eve many, many years ago, I was accosted by a man in a bar wearing a Tarzan outfit. Because it was Christmas Eve and he was in fancy dress, he thought it was alright to grab me and snog me. Yuk!

The sweat monster in faux fur lunged like an ape and slopped his beak upon me. One hand pressed the back of my head, so our lips were held like suction.  I was a slight young woman; he was a big hairy man. His breath stunk of beer and onion and every other horrible, imaginable molar-coating stench known to man.

His lips, I still shudder, were wet and beery. His jowls were sharp and stubbly. But all of this went unnoticed by the ape-man as he forced his lurid purple tongue in between my grimacing lips.

But just as I was raising my knee to knock him off his perch, he stopped. He let go, looked me straight in the eye and said, "wonderful". Then he belched and walked off. I never did see Tarzan again.

So, my point is, if you're intent on kissing under the mistletoe this Christmas spare a thought for the unsuspecting other. The one whose lips, tongue, teeth and taste buds will have to endure what you've had for dinner or your last drink. Get to grips with basic dental hygiene and if you know you've got a cold, or a stomach upset, or have just eaten cheese & onion - all of which cause bad breath - take small, portable remedies out with you and clean up in the toilet before kissing.

The TePe Interdental Brush is smaller than a cigarette and fits into any pocket, wallet or purse. With a flat grip handle that fits between thumb and forefinger, it comes with six interchangeable heads.

Each mini brush head is designed to squeeze between your teeth gaps and gums - where 40% of the tooth surface is - but often neglected. Choose whichever size suits you, but don't force the brush, it should fit softly. No one will ever know if you brush up between meals and drinks - but they may know if you don't!

If you want your kissing to continue into the Spring, consider using Plaque Off. As well as your regular brushing, these seaweed fueled (vege friendly) capsules work over time to restore whiteness and remove plaque build up - which for some people is as obnoxious as Tarzan kissing.

At the very least you can chew on some mint, easily bought in most grocers and supermarkets.  Just don't grab innocents and inflict your halitosis on them!

If you like this, you may like to read Natural cures for bad breath